Federation of Genealogical Societies
As I’ve previously mentioned in the newsletter, AGS Library holdings are being cataloged on LibraryThing.com.
LibraryThing is an online service to help people catalog their books easily. You can access the catalog from anywhere – even on a mobile phone. Former AGS Librarian Mary Trogg started this project and we continue to add to our online library.
To access our holdings at LibraryThing.com:
· Go to www.librarything.com
· Put AuroraGenSociety in the "search site" box
· No results will come up
· Along the left side of the page select “Members”
· AuroraGenSociety comes up
· Click on AuroraGenSociety
· Click on "Your Library"
· On the right side you can "Search your library" using a full or partial title, author or a keyword (such as yearbook, tax, land, Connecticut, Military, etc.)
· A list of our books will come up
· If you wish to find books on a particular subject, such as Map, Computer, Colorado, Immigration, etc., along the top click on “Your Books,” then click on “Tags.” Up comes a list of all the “Tags” we have created. Click on the tag of interest and the list of books in that category come up.
Aurora Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 31732, Aurora, CO 80041-0732
e-mail: [email protected]
The Aurora Genealogical Society is now on Facebook
Meetings will be held in the Large Community Room,
The Genealogy Library is now OPEN!
Our hours of operation are Wednesday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only.
Email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
We are located in the Youth Services area on the main
level of the Aurora Central Library.