Welcome to the Aurora Genealogical
Society of Colorado website
Celebrating 40 years of support for genealogical research.
Contact us: P.O. Box 31732, Aurora, Co 80041-0732
Phone: Genealogy library phone 303-739-6686
Email: [email protected]
All guests welcome -- If interested in attending one of our program meetings, be it in person or via Zoom, please email your 'request to attend', to: [email protected] within 7 days of the scheduled meeting program date.
Space is limited -- first come, first served. If you receive a meeting link, that is your confirmation to attend.
Meetings are January - May and September - October are the 4th Tuesday at 1:30 - November is at 1:30 on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. No meetings in June, July, August. and December.. All meetings are at the Aurora Central Library on 14949 E Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Colorado 80012.
Most meetings are in-person, however, that could change in a moment's notice due to weather or other circumstances. We will email you soon as possible if this is the case. All meeting times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST).
The Aurora Genealogical Society of Colorado has a
library! Over 10,000 pieces of material
for your research use, a large table to spread out your papers, and a volunteer
to help you along the way, including our usage of the AGS computer.
We are housed in a room in the Aurora Central Library next to the children’s area, 14949 E. Alameda Pkwy, just east of Sable Blvd. at the City of Aurora complex.
Please come visit us on Wednesdays or Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. or call us at 303-739-6686 or email the librarian at [email protected]. Parking is ample and free!
It might be a good idea to call before coming, as we sometimes experience staffing shortages and may not be open during our usual hours.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you!
Although masks are not required, they are recommended.
Federation of Genealogical Societies
As I’ve previously mentioned in the newsletter, AGS Library holdings are being cataloged on LibraryThing.com.
LibraryThing is an online service to help people catalog their books easily. You can access the catalog from anywhere – even on a mobile phone. Former AGS Librarian Mary Trogg started this project and we continue to add to our online library.
To access our holdings at LibraryThing.com:
· Go to www.librarything.com
· Put AuroraGenSociety in the "search site" box
· No results will come up
· Along the left side of the page select “Members”
· AuroraGenSociety comes up
· Click on AuroraGenSociety
· Click on "Your Library"
· On the right side you can "Search your library" using a full or partial title, author or a keyword (such as yearbook, tax, land, Connecticut, Military, etc.)
· A list of our books will come up
· If you wish to find books on a particular subject, such as Map, Computer, Colorado, Immigration, etc., along the top click on “Your Books,” then click on “Tags.” Up comes a list of all the “Tags” we have created. Click on the tag of interest and the list of books in that category come up.